*Disclaimer: PLEASE WEAR GLOVES WHILE USING PROVENT-A-MITE, AND SPRAY IN A HIGHLY VENTILATED AREA OR OUTSIDE. THIS PROCESS CAN TAKE 30 MINUTES TO AN HOUR*
Our process of treating any snakes for mites:
1. Wear gloves
2. Remove snake
3. Soak snake
4. Remove substrate of any kind
5. Spray all surfaces of enclosure with Provent-A-Mite, including any plastic hides and water bowls.
6. Wait AT LEAST 30 minutes for fumes to dissipate and the enclosure to be dry.
To speed up the process as a routine maintenance, wipe down enclosure with towels to get any excess buildup around corners.
7. Once your enclosure is cleaned and completely ready for your snake again, go ahead and place everything back together!
8. For an extra step in mite prevention you can use Reptile Spray directly on your snake. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND USING THIS ON SNAKES YOUNGER THAN 12 WEEKS
Soaking a snake:
We recommend using a container with a lid, and holes in it to ensure they are able to breath. Using luke-warm water and a drop of dish dawn soap, than place your snake into container. Let your snake/s soak while you start the process of cleaning the enclosure. Dish dawn soap helps dry out the mites and makes the snake have a slick coating on them. This helps make mites fall off of snakes because they are not able to attach themselves under the scales.
Letting Fumes/Vapors dissipate:
It is IMPORTANT to let all ALL fumes dissipate before putting your snake back into the enclosure. The fumes are strong, and can cause respiratory issues with younger snakes.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND USING THIS PRODUCT OUTSIDE OR IN A HIGH VENTILATED AREA
Here are more directions from Provent-A-Mite themselves:
Leave a comment