*NO SALES TO CALIFORNIA, MAINE, NEW JERSEY, AND NEW MEXICO*
* Better photos coming soon: In the meantime feel free to message us for more photos!
Axolotls tend to be a very calm species that spends a lot of its time hanging out at the bottom of your aquarium. They enjoy rearranging sand & plants, hanging out in caves, and tend to be more active at night. Because axolotls are carnivores, they will eat things that fit inside their mouths; this includes fish and other small axolotls.
You can keep axolotls together; however, it is not necessary as they are not a social species. Paired axolotls need to be the same size. This does not guarantee that they will always be friendly toward one another as they can bite off limbs and other parts, which over time will regenerate.
As carnivores, they eat meaty foods such as bloodworms, brine shrimp, nightcrawlers, Mysis shrimp, beef heart, and even meaty pellets made for axolotls. Juvenile axolotls will need to be fed more often than in their adult stages, where they will only eat a couple of times a week.
Why buy an Axolotl from Pet Central?
- We are a trusted business with hundreds of reviews.
- Our retail store in Bowling Green, KY is fully open to the public.
- Our axolotls have a Live Arrival Guarantee* and Health Guarantee.*
- You can buy your animal and supplies from one website.
- Loyalty program - get points you spend in cash back.
- You can chat with us! Click the message bubble on the screen to start a conversation or call us at (833) 210-9373.
*See terms and conditions